home aboutme myart books shop

Monday 16 April 2018

Pug Pouch


I recently redesigned my pug felt face and somewhere in that process I got the idea to put the face on a pouch. Nothing wrong with expanding my product line!

 The first thing I had to do was cut out and sew the felt face.



Then I dug around in my fabric stash to see what would work. I hadn't intended to use a patterned fabric but when I came across this grey plaid I thought it was perfect. You may have seen it used before on this owl doorstop project. It's actually an old dress that belonged to my sister.

Then it was time to assemble the pouch, by which point I was too focused on the project to stop and take photos of the process. So for a quick written recap; I sewed the two fabrics together to make the front side, then sewed the two sides to the zip with the lining fabric in between. Then I hand stitched the felt face amd the felt letters to the front side with some interfacing on the back for added structure. And finally I sewed the sides and the bottom to complete the pouch.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out. It's been a while since I made a bag or pouch so I'm glad I remembered how to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...