home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 15 February 2018

Painting with Gouache

I've been following a few artists recently who use gouache paints. They're sort of a cross between watercolours and acrylic paints. I remembered that I actually have a set of gouache paints but I've never used them. They were on the equipment list for my art and design foundation course so I bought some, but never tried them out. That was about 9 years ago and luckily the paints are still in good condition.

I chose a photo from my America holiday to paint from. It shows the Multnomah falls near Portland, Oregon.
The paints took a little time to get used to how to use them but I'm happy with my first attempt. Here's a video of the painting, with some footage from the day we went to see the waterfalls.


Have you ever tried painting with gouache? What's your favourite medium to work with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...