home aboutme myart books shop

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Wood Burned Feather Pendant

One of my Christmas presents was a wood burning tool which my Mum bought for me before I'd even said I wanted one. She's psychic!
I tried it out after Christmas and made this feather pendant.

I used the tool on some scrap wood to get used to it before moving on to the feather. It came with lots of different nibs and I discovered I prefer using the flat one instead of the round, more pen like one. 

Once I'd burned in my design I cut the shape out using a saw and sanded the edges.

I added a few more burned details, especially around the edges.


I drilled a hole in the top, using another Christmas present; a mini drill, and attached a jump ring and chain.

I love how it turned out and now I'm on the look out for scraps of wood, or wooden things in general that I can burn into. Wooden picture frame? Wooden spoons? Entire decorated table?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...