home aboutme myart books shop

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Wedding Guest Tree

My friend Laura, the one who just got married, wanted a non-traditional guest book for her wedding and had seen the guestbook tree with finger print leaves on the internet. Being her resident arty friend she asked me if I could make one for her.
I googled the idea myself and found I liked the black line, sketchy style better than a painted brown tree. I drew out the tree in pencil first on the canvas Laura had bought, then went over it with a black fine liner. Simples!
I added the couple's names and their wedding date along with a cute little L + C in a heart on the tree.
  
This is how the canvas was displayed at the wedding. We'd taken a trip to Hobbycraft to get the ink pad and found the perfect one. It has five shades of purple on one pad which matched the wedding colours. We also got a couple of Sharpie fine liners for the guests to sign their name on top of their thumb print.

I suggested to Laura that she provided wet wipes so that guests didn't have to walk around with purples thumbs for the rest of the night. She took them out of the packaging and put them in a clear box so they wouldn't detract from the decorations.

This was the tree half way through the night. I didn't get a photo of the finished thing as I was too busy busting my funky moves on the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...