home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 16 April 2015

Sketchbooks #1 New York

When I was sorting through my room recently I stopped to look through my old sketchbooks and I thought they were worth sharing. The first one I'm going to show you is from my trip to New York with college when I was doing my art foundation course in 2009. Everything in the sketchbook was done after the trip because our luggage, which had my sketchbook in, got lost (nightmare!) and wasn't returned until a few days after we got back

I did a whole page on money cos everything is a memory! When I was in the big Virgin Megastore in Time Square I hugged the Country section. Mel B from the Spice Girls was also doing a signing there. Mel actual B!

There was snow in Central Park while we were there which made chalk and charcoal a good choice. I drew on a newspaper that I picked up there working from a photo I'd taken.

Squirrel!

I used chalk pastels on black paper to capture this night scene, which could have been a view from the Empire State building, I can't quite remember.

And I made my own version of a mosaic subway sign using more of the newspaper.

See more from a different New York trip (where my luggage actually came with me) here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so nice post! So creative :)
    xx Elisa
    www.francinesplacediy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...