home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Sculpey Print Dishes

On my last trip to the Scrap Store I picked up these rubber stamps and had the idea to use them to imprint into Sclupey.

I rolled out a piece of Sculpey into a rough circle and pressed the stamp into it. I had thought about glueing the stamps onto a wooden block, like they're supposed to be, but the flexibility of the stamps on their own was useful for this project. 

I curved the Sculpey circle into a shallow dish and baked it following the instructions.

To decorate the dishes I started by painting the whole thing in one colours using a paintbrush. Once this was dry I went over it with a light tone of the colour using a sponge so the dark colour would show through.

Once all the paint was dry I sprayed the dishes with a couple of coats of clear varnish.


1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Awesome Lisa... Going on my to-do list, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...