home aboutme myart books shop

Sunday 2 February 2014

This Week I...

...worked my three days at school - which included building a big model of a T-Rex out of cardboard boxes and then stepping back as the children painted. I have come home with paint/pen on my clothes too many times already.

Most of the rest of the week was spent working on the painting I just showed you.
I like to listen to podcasts while I paint and I've recently discovered some new favourites from the Nerdist website. I like my podcasts to be conversational, the longer the better, and if there's an episode featuring Tig Notaro then I'm sold.

Making It with Riki Lindhome
You might recognise Riki from her comedy music duo Garfunkel and Oates, or from her guest appearances on all your favourite shows.
In this podcast Riki interviews fellow entertainment industry people about how they got started.
It's interesting, about an hour long, and there's a Joss Whedon episode. Win win win.

The JV Club
Janet Verney talks to ladies you may or may not have heard of about their teenage years, and always ends with a game of MASH.
This one has a Jane Espenson episode, so it's just as good as Making It.

Mike and Tom Eat Snacks
Fans of the long gone tv show Ed will recognise these two who spend about 40 minutes reviewing a different snack each time. Well, about 20 minutes snack reviewing and 20 minutes goofing around.
Extra points if you coordinate your snacks with theirs.


And now for something shiny.
This week I also did a little update/finishing on this pot I made at camp this year. It was made from the soil in the field which was very clay-ey. When I got home I coated it in PVA glue to seal and then this weeked I decided to spray it gold. I'm now going to use it to store my USB sticks because I'm always losing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...