home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Christmas Speech Bubble Decorations

I'm well and truly in Christmas mode and for this little project  I was thinking of more alternative Christmas decorations.

I was inspired by this plaque that I made many years ago and have hanging in my room.

The hanging speech bubbles are made of Sculpey rolled flat and cut to shape.
You can't really tell from the photos but they're about palm size.
I painted them with white and black acrylic paint.
I like the uneven black lines. I think it gives them character.
That and I find it hard to paint smooth, straight lines.

I think these would look really fun displayed on a Christmas tree but would also work as decorations for other parts of the house.

Do you have any Christmas decorations that aren't the traditional red, green or gold?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...