home aboutme myart books shop

Monday 3 September 2012

Homemade microwave vegetable crisps

A long time ago I saw how to make potato crisps in the microwave on some tv show.
I don't remember what show it was, but I do remember how to make the crisps.

You cut thin slices of potato using a peeler.

Then fold up a piece of greaseproof paper concertina style.
Lay the potato slices on top and sprinkle with salt.

Put them in the microwave for around 5 minutes.
Sometimes they need a bit longer.

Then try getting a bit fancy and adding different flavours.
I sprinkled some chicken seasoning on, but I probably didn't need as much as these had a bit of a kick.

My Mum suggested I also tried making crisps in the oven, with a bit of oil on the baking sheet.
It's easier to forget about them when they're in the oven, so I'm going to stick to the microwave.
Also, in the microwave you don't need oil = healthier!

I then got really crazy and tried making courgette crisps.

These took longer to crisp up but that might have been because I put less salt on.

I also tried using carrots which produced these shrivelled things. To be fair it was a small carrot.

Healthy snacks and a great way to use up the courgettes that just keep growing in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...