home aboutme myart books shop

Monday 11 July 2011

Guitar make-over

Who likes my new guitar?
I do, I do!

A few months ago, around Easter in fact, I came home from hanging out with my friends carrying this lot. My friend Robyn and her brother were throwing them out so I offered to give them a better home.
And give them a new look.
Starting with the whole guitar.

The first things to do was sand down the guitar so that I could paint it.
After a whole afternoon of using sandpaper and getting a very achey arm with little progress I was informed that my Grandad probably had a power tool for the job.
He did, and this is me using it. 

Sanding done, it was on to the painting.
I started with a coat of primer which was an off white colour as that was what was in the garage.
Then I applied a few coats of white emulsion, again whatever I found in the garage.

Next I used acrylic paint to add some decoration to my guitar in the form of lovely pink flowers.
Then I varnished the whole thing twice using clear varnish that I found in, you guessed it, the garage.

The only thing I spent money on for this project was a set of nylon strings so that the guitar would be playable. I strung the guitar with the help of my Dad and some guy on youtube.

And now it's ready to play!

5 comments:

  1. You did awesome job. pink is always girly.by the was you can also make some more fun with decoupage & mod podge..kinda funnn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa this is awsome! i didnt know you played guitar :D i covered my old one in stamps a couple of years ago and have been meaning to do my new(er) one for ages, maybe this is the kick i need for a summer project! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! You did a spectacular job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that is a beautiful transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is gorgeous too! Love the pink roses. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...